Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Spinning Out of Control

Cold winds blow. My home stays warm. I am full. I am beyond blessed. Words can not express my thankfulness so I show my gratitude by living as I should.

Simple? At times, yes. At times no. 

There are times when I fight the call to surrender all, much like Deacon did when Cady wanted to show him the thrill of the slide. Unsure of new things we all question. Trusting God is not natural. 

There are times when it is easier, I have found the years and HIS faithfulness have been proven. He deserves my affection and my trust. I enjoy the ride. 

Then there are times when life calls the shots and I am on the merry go round pushed by a 3 year old and I can't make heads or tales of anything. No one asked if I was ready, no warning, no consult. Loss. Death. Hurt. Pain. Life. Uncertainty.


What I found on the merry go last week is that if I kept my eyes on one thing I wouldn't get sick. I could wait out my "ride".  

Hebrews 12

 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The fixing our eyes on Jesus is the hard part. Our example of what happens when we don't, was Peter, in his glorious opportunity to walk out on the water to meet Jesus. Oh, to walk on the water of the storms in my life.