Monday, November 22, 2010

It's HIS kindness that leads to repentance. Hosea 11:4, Romans 2:4

It's HIS love that allows me to love. I John 4:19

It's HIS sacrifice that has set me free. John 3:16

It's HIS words that helps me attack the lies that parade around in my head wanting attention. Psalm 107:20

These have been the themes in my life this fall. I have seen much "harvest" or "fruit" from the "sowing". Better said, I have seen good things come from seeking God this fall.


God invited me to rest. I came whole heartedly and faithfully to sit , read and think. I am forever grateful.
The family and I are writing down our gratitude this week in preparation for Thanksgiving. I think instead of paper I may buy a table cloth to write on. We can add to it each year and lay it on the table before the Lord as an offering of Thanks.


1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (The Message)


 24-25You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You're after one that's gold eternally.


 26-27I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I'm staying alert and in top condition. I'm not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then missing out myself.


I am in the last 10 days of a little "race" I started Sept 7. I am tired, I am hungry, I am lonely, I am vulnerable, I am close. 


Yesterday proved grace doesn't do away with temptation. It's there, you'd better have a plan. You'd better pray for the "want to"


having a holy experience 
Lori

No comments: