Friday, April 29, 2011

Thinking Royally........

Well we missed the wedding.

Oh well. We had other things on our minds like running and sleep. I'll let you guess who was doing what....


But in the spirit of all things royal and princess-y, I digress....

Our resident princess was dressing up today and I asked nicely if I could take a picture


NOOOOOOOO.........

"Please?"



I don't think we'd make it as royalty

"Please?"




"No, mom!"

When did she turn 8 and sassy?

I love the continuous photo option on my camera!!!


Well it's something...

While Cady didn't care a thing about the royal wedding, (am I concerned? no)....I was interested.

Mostly because I remember Diana's wedding. And I watch "The Queen" this week- good movie about growing older-

But there's something in all us girls, scarred as we are that longs to be a princess.

Eternity set in the hearts of women....we are meant for more girls.....more than this world.....

I took in Kate's dress, so much talk about the dress, I assumed it was kept secret for unveiling excitement- so classy, so white....made me think of eternity- the "bride of Christ", his church, clean, new, perfect, together, made whole- all because of him and all for him!

Then I saw William-( wasn't expecting the red) - and was taken back, not because he's so "hot" or anything but because it made me think of Jesus- the bride and her groom, there he stood- official, honorable, worthy, strong and courageous....waiting for his bride, his chosen, eyes intent, smile wide, stoic.......it just made me think....


One day the trumpet will sound for His coming

One day the skies with His glories will shine
Wonderful day, my Beloved One bringing
My Savior Jesus is mine

Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He’s coming
Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

ONE DAY ....

No comments: