Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Toy Review Just in Time for Christmas Shopping

Ah, the gift bags in a totegirl's life....


These are all filled with 4 year old delights....

 I will be doing another post on the addition of Baby Alive, aka the pee baby to our home. It's been an interesting addition, I mean toy. I really don't know who she is.....more later.....


I want to introduce you to this thing...


Found at Walmart, $20

It's such an upgrade from the clip board, lol.

I have thoughts of using it for teaching when Charis lets me.

I don't know about you but I have come to loathe toys. We lose parts. Or they come with a "more products" brochure with 100 more accessories you need to complete your collection. I get that marketing strategy but geez the greed it produces is so blah...I hate it when after a celebration with presents all think about is getting more instead gratitude for what they've received. I have watched it happen around this age 4-7 in all 3 of my kids. Send helpful comments if you deal with the same thing.

I digress, we try to spend our money wisely and teach our kids the same thing so when it comes to presents they better be able to multitask and go the distance when it comes to time played with them. Legos are well worth the $- Thomas Trains and Cady's Littlest pet shop toys over the years have done just that- caused them to think and create worlds, videos, story lines...


It comes with 8 or so pages that you put in a plastic sleeve then you slide the sleeve in on the side and color on top with dry erase. Genius!

We have also found other uses....


Hehehe....Silas wasn't as happy but we let him do the girls too.

As a teacher and tree hugger I have used a similar method with theory sheets, using dry erase markers and saving paper.

Over all I think it's a cool gift. Could have had more sheets with the product, it boasts "create a 100 pictures" Well maybe so but I was looking for a little more in the box. Charis has been a little rough on the markers themselves so it may be better for kids older than 4, haven't seen any replacement markers yet.

Stay tuned for the baby alive review....

No comments: