Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I just love 2 year olds....

I just love 2 year olds, I mean what's not to love about these cute little independent people?





After a 2 min. "play time" in my bathroom yesterday she proudly donned her new glasses. I guess she just wanted to be like the rest of her family since we all wear them except Silas.



And I just love sharing my kitchen/office with her..





And later I found out she was doing more in the bathroom than finding glasses...



Oh the second year of life...

Well we are finally out of the freezing weather and have cold rainy weather coming. It's been a crazy winter. Crazy COLD winter. But inside I am doing my part keeping us warm by cooking away through "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" by Ree Drummond. It works on 2 levels, one the oven or stove is always on producing heat, two, we are getting fatter- insulation.

Well I took a 2 day break after a 4 day cook a thon (9 recipes). But couldn't stand it I have less than 20 recipes left and a goal to finish by Valentines. So I thought I'll try page 40 today. Page 40 shall remain nameless. You'll have to guess at what it is but PW told us not to tell the name and I follow all the rules (I wish).
The cake was done and I started the icing on the stove top and I heard the door shut. Charis thinks she's 6 and can come and go as she wants well she'd gone out for a stroll...



Yes it is 10 am and yes we are both still in our pjs, we'll get dressed before noon, I promise!


Well she had someone to visit...





Sorry I didn't get a close up on the boots, Cady's- and yes on the wrong feet, and yes she got all that on by her self. Remember...independent 2 year olds?


So of course I ran after her and left the icing cooking over med heat, it said "no need to stir" and to wait 5-7 min. till it achieved a certain color" so I set the microwave timer and followed her (with a camera)...I won't tell you what I was wearing.

"Charis, you sweet thing, let's go in, it's cold and momma's cooking"



"CHARIS! Come here"







well I was done then... I chased her down that hill grabbed her up, convinced her there were better things inside and came in to find this...




and this...







Me "Dadgumit"

Charis, the magpie, "Dadgumit"



but it turned out pretty in the end and being sugar based it came up in less than 10 min. from the cook top....




now if you'll excuse me she has found the tea party stuff (plastic, don't worry) and the water....

this was after she came to me saying "booty" with her pants half way pulled up...

and I now have 20 min. to get dressed as I promised you...


Note: did not make the noon deadline due to power failure and old computer equipment, but you can't have everything....I am quite content getting to spend my days playing with the cutest 2 year old around



No comments: