Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Way too many totes...



Well here are the totes I loaded up in my suburban on Tuesday this week-
on top-
purse loaded up with cameras for Cody's big day
media bag- mostly books, to read while driving and to take back to the library later in Duncan
cady's bball bag- for her practice later on
reading material for myself- PW's cookbook (thinking ahead) and Believing God Bible Study and I think that's a box of whales up there :)


on the floor
my lessons bag, I'd be teaching later on
Charis' bag full of extra clothes, wipes and Snow White (highly helpful when your brother is watching her all day) and one diaper just in case but she hasn't worn one in awhile



this is where we were going...the capitol building



More specifically we were going to the Oklahoma's House of Representatives in session, Cody was asked to give the invocation. He was nervous, we were proud.

Because he was nervous we had to get there on time, on time to cody is an hour before time the event starts. We got there an hour and a half early. So first we found Corey Holland's office on level 5, he represents our district. His brother is the music minister at the church where I teach in Duncan. Then we walked around- it was quite busy! It was water day. There were many booths full of Dunkin donuts, candy, magnets, pens, etc. For a moment there we thought we were at the SB Convention. Then we decided to check out the place. First we had to find the hall of Chocolate Heads (Corey told us a funny story about his son thinking they were made out of chocolate)



Silas was very disappointed...he liked the idea....

we found the oklahoma avatar (a 10 foot indian statue that I couldn't get a good pic of) . It looked just like those avatar's on the movie, size wise.

Then we found the snack joint...

Then we found the marble stairs...

Then we found the bathrooms....

Then we found the Senate side...

Then we found the Lieutenant Governor's office...

Then we found some art work....

Then we found....



What the???

Why I'll be........

Oklahoma's own - a music teacher's friend-

the one and only Woody Guthrie....

"This land is your land, this land is my land..."

I didn't break out in song I promise!

But I did look twice at his mouth-

Is that a ???

A Cigarette? In a highly profiled Oklahoma musicians mouth?

Lord help us....(I think that is my new catch phrase)

1 comment:

Angela said...

How wonderful for Cody! That is exciting. Sounds like a great day!