Monday, February 22, 2010

Playing with Polly

Short post cause I'm holding a very emotional baby girl- I know how she feels, I'm there too once a month. I have some theories on pms in little girls but I'll save that for another day.

She's making this writing difficult by pushing me away from the computer. Maybe it's a sign, so I'll just leave you with our morning play time pictures...

Somehow we got into Polly Pockets, she wanted me to play and cried at my attempts to sneak away and get some laundry done.I didn't mind too much playing and guess who showed up? Snow White.





We've been on a Snow White kick for months. Today she's breaking the mold by wearing pants. Can a princess wear pants? And since she was visiting here in Oklahoma she was nice enough to bring a cowboy hat.

Those girlie hands made dressing in plastic a bit challenging.





Polly had some cute bags I just had to share- I especially like the flower one!




And I designed my own Polly avatar/lookalike. Except I don't have red hair. And that is a blue guitar I'm toting around. I just need a baby on my leg.

No really there is meaning to all this play. Sometimes as a mom to 3 children I get so busy and forget to just enjoy them. You may not know but I was scared to death to have a third child. I feared so many things would not go well. It's hard to be scared to have a third child when you are a third child- the pendulum of emotion between guilt and duty is taxing. You know none of what I feared has come about, in fact I have enjoyed Charis more than I ever dreamed. Among her many benefits she's just fun to sit and play with. I will miss her when she goes to school. Maybe I'll keep her home.


the next day....Today I was having a terrible-no-good-very-bad day. (That is Cady's favorite book and for good reason, she used to keep a tally of good days/bad days) Charis was there and wanted to jump on the trampoline. I was so glad I am not too old for the trampoline. I needed a good jump. And guess who was cheering "Go mom" on the side with her hand pumping up and down? My little bonus child. And guess who made my day? The child I was afraid would change my life forever. Don't be afraid to be blessed- "Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father above" James 1:17

No comments: