Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Did you bring this?", tales about baby shower bags...



When you receive an invitation this cute you know you need to attend the shower just to check it out. What wonderful food will they serve? What cute pink baby decor will they don? Will they have games? What will the blessed mom wear?

I went for other reasons too- I have known Jennifer since I was born, our families were friends before we came along, I just plain like her, and she and Cody are 2nd cousins, I'm in a baby craze right now, and I wouldn't have children in toe-




I made a cute card , (it's a sticker don't get to excited)



And put together a bathtime/bedtime kit with sleepers and blankies, bath robes, bath clothes and a pink thermometer...

Got the kids fed and Charis napping....

made the 30 min trip, eating and making calls on the way....

made a horrible realization and fought going home but I really wanted to check out the shower and see Jenn and eat and talk....

So I walk in find a seat next to Aunt Mary, as Cody calls her. We catch up and I meet more of her wonderful family. She and her husband used to be music ministers at Velma years ago. They are legends 'round here. And have left a legacy of music and faith for their large family. I love em, they are a lot of fun- and I am the "otter" personality ya know...




I took my camera to take a picture of her opening my well-thought-out gift and when she opened her diaper bag I whipped it out for a shot. Just for this blog and you my wonderful readers- all 8 of you! And my sister, she missed it, she lives a million miles away.



except my camera is a joke , maybe this'll work...



no..agh... forget it...it was an awesome bag- with matching wipe container and changing pad and it was that plastic kid friendly material.

Meanwhile woman around me are sniffing the diapers, for ol times sake I guess? I forgot Cody's grandparents names and Aunt Mary couldn't smell or get anyone to get her a fork-

Jenn was cute, cute. Glowing and smiling. Her sister in law was cute too- she was the one who did the invites and is sitting on the right there.

Jenn got some M&M's and looked at me and said, "Did you bring this?"





My eyes got big, ummmm, well no actually I didn't. And then I had to confess- I brought no gift- I made sure I brought my tomatoe/pesto pizza to eat in the car but I forgot your gift. That cute bag was still sitting by my door.

I will begin taking memory therapy treatments in the morning- do they have an app for that? Not that I have a phone like that. Camera's first on the list...

No comments: