Friday, May 27, 2011

A Summer Job (week 1) & A Cool File tote

I was in Walmart earlier buying some much need organizational items when I came across a file folder totebag. Cha-ching! Love.

Not as cute as the one above though. I didn't purchase it 1. because it was pricey, 2. because with the amount of bags I haul around with 3 kids in the mix it's bound to get dropped and then all my organization would be lost (it didn't have a top)

At graduation one week ago we were given this quote by John Wesley.....

“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.”




I have been giving it a try....

& I am exhausted....

I am starting a new series here for the summer, involving this new bag I find myself into this summer- Children's minister...

I love kids, I love Jesus and I am trying to connect the two together

And that is the mission statement for the summer. 

Week 1
 as children's minister for the summer at my church-

how I got this job is unclear, but I am here for the next 10 weeks
I have an intern too!


Sarah McGough

 She's a blessing. Delightful, charming, hard worker & loves kids. How she came to help is nothing short of God's provision for Velma Baptist and His sovereignty. A story I'll let her share if she wishes to. 

So what did we learn this week? 

Children's work is hard work.
I should've been planning sooner, (like last September).
Your relationship with the Creator is top priority. I have to stay in the word, listening, praying for what we need, memorizing scripture. I can not do this on my own strength, it gets overwhelming fast. 

Keep the goal in mind- Kids finding Christ- Is what we are doing helping us achieve the goal?  Create opportunities for them to know who he is, how he loves us & what he's done for us.

Practically this week I learned I need to....

try out all your equipment a day before your time with the kids, nothing like stuff that doesn't work with 28 kids in the room, 
 your helpers need more than 10 min. to prepare for the next hour with kids if any connection with Christ is going to happen, save full emersion water slide/pool games till later in the summer when it's hotter, they were freezing! 




No comments: