Saturday, March 13, 2010

Still tearing up

Well Cody, Cady and Silas buried him under an oak tree by the "clear" pond. Knowing OK ponds, I doubt it's really clear. But as Cody posted on facebook, " He retrieved many ducks on that pond for men and boys over the years".

Yesterday I teared up when I went past the dog food isle, again when I caught a glance of the dog boxes and yet again when I rolled the water hose up. Cody went and turned over the food bowl and it was so sad. Gone. He's gone.

Makes me grieve even more for those who've lost children. You don't cease to live because they do. You grieve, you cry until you can't cry anymore, then you pick yourself up off the floor and put one foot in front of the other and you feel their absence every day. And you long for the day you see them again. We as believers and followers in Christ's salvation have hope, unlike any other. I place my faith in God's goodness to those who wholeheartedly seek him and his record of keeping promises. Noah built that boat with no concept of rain much less flood waters, and completed it despite it taking 100 years. But it came just as he promised. And we will see those who've died too young and those who've died believing Christ again just as he's promised.

Whoa that's heavy...

In case some of you were interested in the Lego and Bible Meetings Silas is conducting he posted the times on his door, just thought you should know...




one of the most precious things about the kids learning to read and write is their "notices" . Silas has told us he's running away before. Cady opened a business once...



http://deevers.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I remember the running away letter - wasn't he coming to Florida to see Uncle Nate and me? But don't worry he'll bring you something back. LOL. I love your kids!