Monday, May 24, 2010

The Darkness

I have been trying for weeks to finish reading the manual that came with my new camera.

Knowing your camera is the first step in getting a good picture.

So one night when all my babies were in bed and Cody was mia I was practicing/playing and avoiding reading the manual and noticed something that made me think.


This is my library.

It's where I sit near the fire in the winter.

It's where I talk to God in the mornings.

I thought this was cool picture.


I pushed a few more buttons and it got darker.

My photography friends could tell you why.


Even darker.

Man I don't like the dark.

Crazy because this was an image.

It wasn't this dark in the room.


But all the same the darkness invaded.

Like an unwelcomed guest.

The lamp light barely showing.

I have always been fascinated by light verses dark in the Bible.

My artist daughter wanted to try basketball this year. Her team played upward basketball in Duncan. At each practice they had to memorize a scripture. This years theme was darkness and light. One thing I loved about the program was they got a cd with the verses in upbeat and catchy songs.

John 8:12 Jesus said, "The person who follows me will never live in darkness. He will have the light that gives life."

John 3:19 Jesus said, "But men did not want light they wanted darkness because they were doing evil things"

And my favorite John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overpowered the Light.
Look what happened when I changed the focus on my view finder.


I never moved and the situation never changed.

I changed merely changed the focus.

In our lives the darkness can come quickly, without warning. To me that black picture depicts what depression feels like. Alone. Fear. No hope.

None of those are from the Lord.

The are from the Enemy of our souls.

But in life we can change our focus. Instead of focusing on myself and situation, I can focus on the Lord and his goodness, his favor toward man, his sacrifice- Jesus- for me.

And changing that focus, changes everything.



Job 12:22

He reveals mysteries from the darkness and brings the deepest darkness into the light.


This morning a good friend sent me this devotion.

If I've peeked your interest in the whole light/dark thing click here for more verses.


No comments: