Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Scones revisited

I have no idea how many gazillion calories these have in them but they are for a treat. Extracting the Vanilla caviar was time consuming. But when I get my mind on something I am all into it. And after finding the beans in Norman Saturday, leaving them in my friends car then finding them again...I was making these.

I have a post floating around in my brain about being a pastor's wife but for now I will say this- Serving other people has neither been natural nor a coveted trait in my life. I am a performer and I enjoy the spotlight all too much.

But I find my self serving a lot. Three times a day in fact to these little people who God gave me. 2 of whom cared little for these scones.

Doing for others is such a blessing though. I made these and took them to a friend who recently had surgery. She lives 16- 20 miles out in the country. She is a believer, she is an encourager. She has meant a whole lot to me in the last 18 months. Sitting in her home was so peaceful and enjoyable. I hope my home is that way for people.

Cody and I are going to open a bed and breakfast one day. I can't wait to offer what Amie offered me today to others- a chance to sit, a chance to relax, to slow down and have a scone.

Here's the link to the scones- in case you want to make them.

No comments: