Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday weigh in day-week 7

-3.7

Amazing after the week I've had. The kids were home for 2 extra days this weekend making it hard to exercise. Funny thing was by Sunday I was missing my workout. So I worked out in the early am and then did a little weekend exercise stuff with Silas (hiking)


We went to a local "hill" and climbed up it. 

Plus I finally got to go out with Cody for my belated birthday, my mom came. We had 3 sets of "get togethers" with various people. Lots of good times made around a table. And then last night happened.

I ate light all day for the annual 4H cookoff. Just look at this set up...


That's Silas' Chocolate Spiders that I entered him in.

And Cady made Ghostly Nutter Butters. 


It's like a pot luck/cooking contest. CAdy is still a cloverbud and doesn't get judged. After an hour of judging the very hungry people come in and eat the cold food while they announce the winners. It takes awhile but it's fun. The kids do crafts (they even took pre cloverbud Charis who was running around like a banshee, thank the Lord) while they judge.

The food is displayed so neatly..










Very thankful,
Lori

1 Peter 1:13 & 14
Think clearly and exercise self control. Look forward to a special blessing that will come to you at the return of Jesus Christ. Obey God because you are his children. Don't slip back into your old ways of doing evil: you didn't know any better THEN. 

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So...funny thing happened today.

I want to carve pumpkins with the girls today and want to use The Pumpkin Patch Parable but don't have the book and don't have a way to get it. So, I did what I always do when I don't know what to do - I googled it. And guess what I found? Your YouTube video of the book reading.

Who would've thought two years ago when you made that video that a mom in Nepal whose in-laws live in the town next to you would be using that video for a pumpkin carving day?

Thanks, girl!